The Jalasjärvi Museum consists of almost 30 buildings, including an old village shop, a smoke sauna, a cottage and the home of sculptor Elias Ilkka (1889–1968). The area’s oldest building is a fisherman’s hut from Lempäälä, dating back to the 17th century.
The Rinta-Mäntykoski house’s windmill, a smock mill in design, has become the museum’s landmark, standing proudly next to the busy national motorway 3. Aittomäki’s newly renovated windmill greets visitors arriving along national motorway 3 from the south, signposting the route to the museum area.
The Jalasjärvi Museum opened to the public in 1954. The museum is open during the summer season and by request.