The Nurmo Museum is maintained by the Nurmoo-Seura local history association. The main building is a former home of the local Yli-Teppo or Mäki-Teppo family. It stands close to its original site near the riverbanks of the Nurmonjoki. Other buildings have also been relocated to the estate. The two-storey, double-hall building was built in 1796. The house has an intriguing history: its former residents include the notorious trouble-maker Isontalon Antti and a counterfeiter from Nurmo.
The handsome granary was transferred from Ylijoki, also called Juurakko, while another outbuilding was brought from Peltola in Martikkalankylä, the workshop of Kustaa Lehtinen came from Mäenkylä, and Fiia Lahti’s cabin was originally located in Manunkaupunki. The other museum buildings include the Kytökämppä cabin, which came from Martikkala, a barn, which was originally a chimneyless house and came from Hemminki, and a granary, which used to be an almshouse located by the church. The museum area also houses a wartime shelter where residents from Mäki-Teppo and neighbouring houses gathered during air raids.