Peräseinäjoki first became a chapel parish of Ilmajoki in 1798, after which it was an independent parish from 1882 until 2005, when it merged with the Seinäjoki parish. Today, Peräseinäjoki is one of Seinäjoki’s independent chapel parishes.
Also known as Pyhän Paavalin kirkko (St. Paul’s Church), the church is located in the centre of the village. Designed by the county architect Ivar Aminoff, the wooden cross-shaped church with three galleries was completed in 1892. An older church building was demolished to make way for the new one. The new church has seating for about 1,000 people. The altarpiece depicting resurrection was painted by Vaasa-born artist Aleksandra Frosterus-Såltin in 1905. A pauper alms box made by Heikki Mikkilä stands next to the main door. The church also features a votive ship, a miniature sailing ship rarely found in churches further inland. Such ships were donated to churches by people who had survived a shipwreck, for example. Teekla, the ship in Peräseinäjoki Church’s vestry, is thought to have been made by Johan Jaakonpoika Valkava. The ship has been restored by Matti Laine.