Built in 1802, Jurva Church is a cross-shaped church in the Gustavian style. The drawings for it were approved in Stockholm. The building work was started by Gabriel Antinpoika Hakola and brought to completion by Jaakko Jaaksi. Another person that was important to the construction of the church was captain Gustav Adolf Hobin, a soldier who moved to Jurva from elsewhere. The church has undergone some fundamental changes after its completion: the position of the altar has changed, the bell tower has been extended and the colour of the external walls and the interior has changed. The church seats 550 people.
The church originally had a pump organ. Its first organ, a 17-stop model, was built by the Kangasala organ factory. The current, 23-stop organ was acquired from organ maker Hans Heinrich in 1974.
Since its construction, Jurva Church has featured a large cross with a crown of thorns as its altarpiece. The stained-glass windows in the church choir, on either side of the altar, date back to 1923. They were made by artist H. Ahti. The pulpit was designed by Carl Kron. Its colour has varied throughout its history.